I swear I’m sitting here on my bed rocking. This is day 28 of my first taper and I’m a freaking mess. Why? I take Fioricet for my migraines and tension. I’ve taken it for 20 years. It’s the only med that helps tension and migraine headaches. I know I can’t just stop that either. But I understand it too affects the gaba in the brain. I’m just thinking, what the hell? I’m not sure I’m gonna make this.
@Cosmic1973, thanks for sharing!! I have an ugly tension headache today which at times can be more painful than a migraine. I’ve thought about this! Okay, 20 years ago when migraine and anxiety started I was put on 6 meds including Xanax. Which, I couldn’t take any of them. Now I know that was a blessing in disguise!! The Xanax remained for years! I tapered myself of that. Took me 3 hard years but I did it. Which migraine and anxiety was from a thyroid issue with Graves Disease. Things got better after surgery. Klonopin was started about 2 years after coming off the Xanax. But I’m putting all this together with your comment!! Could it be they actually made migraines worse?! Thanks so much. I’ve started keeping a journal so I’ll track my head pain. Thanks so much!!!
God bless ya! 🌻