Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
"I understand it too affects the gaba in the brain" — @Overthis66Yes it does, but it's something your brain is already used to. It's not like you're adding something new. I hope this alleviates some of your fears! If things are a bit overwhelming, maybe you need to slow things down a bit. It's okay to hold your dose for awhile. I know how hard this journey can be, believe me! There have been many challenging days, but I just keep telling myself that I must keep going. It'll pay off in the end. ❤️ You're doing the right thing with reaching out for support, and we have such wonderful members in this community! We'll all help each other keep going during both the good and bad times.
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
"I really so wanted to taper next week. Maybe it’s not time" — @Overthis66Just see how you feel when the time comes. 🌸
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
"But I now know that was too big of a cut!" — @Overthis66I'm glad you realize this now. Half the battle is finding our own rhythm and the pace that works for us. We live and learn. I've certainly made my own share of decisions I regret. It's not our fault. We have no help from the medical community, so we have to figure all this out on our own (with the help of forums like this one!).
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
"My husband and a bestie support me. They encourage" — @Overthis66I'm so glad you have that support! I have the same thing, and it really makes a difference. 🩷
"We shouldn’t have to battle this daily trying to figure everything out." — @Overthis66I agree, it shouldn't have to be so daggone hard. Keep us posted on how things are going. (((Hugs))) 🥰
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
Lexapro — 2mg — 17 years — actively tapering | without clinician
Withdrawal is not a preview of who you are without the drug.
Zoloft — 10 years, 50 mg — currently 22.5 mg — holding
"I just wanted to correct my timeline." — @Overthis66Thank you! If you'd like, you can add all that information to your Drug History signature; that way it'll give everyone an overview of your situation.
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Lexapro — 2mg — 17 years — actively tapering | without clinician
60 mg — 2 yr — holding | without clinician
Lexapro — 2mg — 17 years — actively tapering | without clinician
60 mg — 2 yr — holding | without clinician
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
"It’s not what I want to do. But it’s what I need!!" — @Overthis66This is key! I think it's very wise. Your body will thank you, and it will make future reductions easier.
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Valium — 10mg — 2 months — actively tapering | without clinician
Mirtazapine — 0.2mg — 1 year — actively tapering
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.
Browse our map of deprescribing-informed providers worldwide.