As some of you may already know, I’m doing very very poorly recently. It’s so bad. But let’s say I somehow do it to cope with this and keep fighting.
The bigger question for me:
How should my tapering continue from now? I’m seriously seriously so much confused. If my current symptoms resolve in the next couple of months, years... Sure. I continue.
But what if the symptoms don’t resolve? What if my symptoms are not related to WD? How should i then approach tapering at all?
I don’t know if I told you about this on here, but my pre SSRI symptoms was unbearable and to be very very fair, most of those symptoms resolved with the “help” of zoloft. It helped me tremendously with working, building a family, marrying and earning money. I certainly could try many different options to achieve the same thing. But more or less, the Zoloft helped me. Pre Zoloft I had severe obsessive ruminations and mental compulsions. Bad lethargy, anhedonia and chronic DPDR.
There is unfortunately no doctor on this world who can help me. Or give me a solid guide on what to do next. I know these drugs are toxic and I must go off them. But what then? How in my situation?
Have a nice day everyone❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Zoloft — 6,52 — 5 years and 9 months — holding | without clinician
I had many of the same concerns when I was in the midst of a 3 month wave after a big drop. At some point in there, I changed my focus from I need to get off these meds to , I need to be where I feel stable with as little med in my system as is possible for me. I think we often want to get to the finish line but we also need to be able to function at our best to carry through with our lives. I held my med for almost 6 months and just made another drop 4 days ago. So far so good, but I do keep reminding myself that if I have to stop here , it is way better than it was when I was on more of the med. Also, what has changed in your life to assist you in dealing with the issues you had pre meds? Finding ways to deal with your pre med issues prior to being at the end zone will surely help you once you are able to get off. Be assured that these are likely withdrawal symptoms, and withdrawal thoughts. I have learned that my withdrawal thoughts tell some serious lies because once feeling better, I was able to see how doom and gloom they truly were, and in fact, everything became so much better and more clear. Truly hoping these symptoms ease up for you soon as I know what a horrible place that is to be💕
Hey @MamaLa thank you very much for the reassuring words. I appreciate it a lot. I am just very afraid that this “blank mind” won’t go away even if I stabilize. I know that I can’t do more than hold and hope that I will stabilize as soon as possible…
Thank you very much.
Zoloft — 6,52 — 5 years and 9 months — holding | without clinician
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.