"Should I first drop 40% of depakote then 50% of it some weeks later, or the other way around, 50% then 40%?"
— @Wolf
It's hard to say for sure. Either one is a pretty large reduction. Starting bigger and then ending smaller is more of a Hyperbolic taper, but it's hard to say how you're going to react to it. Maybe some other members can add their own two cents.
Regarding Depakote, from what I understand it's not as notorious for causing as severe withdrawal symptoms as antidepressants or benzos, but it still requires tapering to avert any potential issues.
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.