I’ve been on 300 mg xr for over 4 years. I failed my last taper. I was able to get to 200 mg but I stupidly dropped from 200 to 150 and had crushing rebound depression. XR only allows for drops by 50 mg but I’m hoping next time at 200 to switch to instant release to go slower. I’ve never had Bipolar or schizophrenia. I was put on this med for anxiety and depression. My biggest issue is having no libido.
Seroquel — 300 mg — 4 years — reinstated | other — strattera — 5 months — holding | without clinician
"I was put on this med for anxiety and depression."
— @Jack Ryder
An all too common story my friend. Happy youre getting back on the hore and trying to get off again. Check out the taper tracking feature in My Taper to track your dose vs mood as you go. Well be here supporting you along the way!
Hi Jack.... I hope things go more smoothly for you this time. Your plan sounds solid and reasonable. We'll be here to support you along the way. ❤️
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Hi Jack. I started the ketogenic diet because on 400 mg seroquel XR I lost my libido, overweight, memory lapses and so on. 4 months later I am on 200 mg XR lost 23 kgs I was 136 kgs to start with and my libido and memory is back. I have allergy flare ups feel a bit irritable at times but my life is 200% better for it. As I approach lower doses I will slow down switch to a hyperbolic taper with liquid seroquel formulation.