I’ve now been on 7.5 for several weeks.
My question is—
Is the night usually the worst time for folks? It is for me.
I eat, not hungry, stomach is upset, but I eat bland food. Gaining weight. My mind just keeps going and going—not pleasant thoughts.
Tinnitus is definitely worse when i'm in bed.
During the day it tends to be GI symptoms which are very, very slowly easing.
IMO, you should try and keep busy and practice mindfulness, it doesn't matter what you observe, a leaf, a tree, a flower, just focus on it and appreciate anything nice you see.
If you have unpleasant thoughts, fine, just acknowledge it and try to move it to one side of your mind and make an effort to think of something else. Just try and be in the moment.
The more you get distracted, the more distant your unpleasant thoughts will become.
If it's at night in bed, read, do a crossword.
If you put your mind to it, i'm sure you could think of something instead of thinking over things you've no control over.
@Katestthelake Jesus wept, 300mg. WTF were your doctors thinking? How have you been tapering, e.g., what % drops and on what kind of schedule? I don't think you should keep dropping given the symptoms you're reporting; just hold at 7.5 for a while (perhaps a good while - yes, I know you've been tapering for five years, but given your starting dose - unless that's a typo and you mean your original dose was 30mg - in fact, even if your starting dose was 30 and not 300 (for reference, I started tapering in April 2023 from a starting dose of 7.5 and I'm still going).
Mirtazapine — 0.12mg — 3 years, 7 months — active, but temporary hold to stabilise
300mg is correct and I don’t know what the doctor was thinking—she wasn’t even my doctor. I was on it for 5 years and only tapering since August. Thank you so much for your comments and we will see how it goes.
Hi Kate, are we talking about Mirtazapine? 300mg of the stuff?
That's like 20x 15mg tablets a day!!! If correct, that is totally crazy, WTF was your quack thinking off.
Mirtazapine — 0.2mg — 1 year — actively tapering
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.