Attn: maths brains / liquid taper experts - please help me!
I have two issues, which I'll preface by saying that despite having three degrees, including a PhD, I am maths illiterate (I'm a language/word person - I do not do numbers), and this taper has been a huge challenge for my compromised brain, so please be gentle.
Issue 1:
Once I moved from pill cutting to liquid, around 3.75mg dose, I started on a 3mg/1ml ratio, then changed to a 1:1 ratio once I hit 1mg. Now that I'm approaching 0.1mg on the syringe and calculations have gotten trickier, I've moved to a 0.5mg/1ml ratio. That's made calculations and dosing easier, but I'm wondering what happens once I'm tapering below 0.01mg (my current dose is 0.12) and dosing gets even more challenging. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for that last leg for those of us who are planning to stop very low, e.g., around 0.04 or 0.02?
Issue 2:
I've been getting my liquid compounded cause I was anxious about messing the mix up or the suspension being less reliable homemade with water (and also having to do it very often). The expense of that was one reason I started pushing the river with my drops recently because I'm finding that now that I'm on such low doses, even the mix from the chemist is only good for 2 weeks (used to last much longer; I recall seeing people mention this happens at low doses on the SAD forum, so it's a thing). I'd love to do my own now to save the dosh, but I remain nervous about homemade water/pill suspension reliability, especially with Mirtazapine, given it doesn't dissolve. Is there anyone out there tapering off Mirt who feels really confident in their method and can share it with me?
Mirtazapine โ 0.12mg โ 3 years, 7 months โ active, but temporary hold to stabilise