Struggling so much today. My akathisia pumps up so much electricity and burning that it’s just unbearable. I felt it a little more bearable yesterday, but this morning that adrenaline and agitation turned on my electricity and burning to unbearable level. It feels to me if my restlessness was less severe then my other symptoms would come down. I feel like it’s that restlessness in my chest pumps up the electricity and the burning. If only there was a pill to take away that restlessness. Does anyone has experience with Propranolol? Has it helped them? Would Propranolol be a safer option to at least try a small dose? My GP did suggest it but I’m so scared of taking anything.
Prayers that someone chimes in soon. Not familiar with propranolol but do have akathsia. So sorry. I don't know of any pills that make this stuff better. Massage, gentle exercise, more water than I care to drink(which reminds me...)
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry. Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt. Seroquel — 50 — planning taper | trileptal -75 planning taper prasozin 1 mg planning taper
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry. Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt. Seroquel — 50 — planning taper | trileptal -75 planning taper prasozin 1 mg planning taper
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.