I'm sorry you're struggling right now. Effexor can be a tough one to taper. I'm tapering it too. The Symptoms and Self-Care section of the forums has information on how to cope with all the symptoms you're describing, which are quite common withdrawal symptoms.
I hope you can take it easy right now while you stabilize. After things ease up a bit, maybe you could try a smaller reduction next time. Everyone's nervous system is different in what it can handle. Some (like myself) are more sensitive.
Things will improve in time, so hang in there. At least you know what you need to do right now - just hold steady and find ways to cope.
Keep us updated... 💜
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.