I’m finishing up a document about my experience of being stopped SSRI’s cold turkey without my prior knowledge.
I’m documenting in hopes to educate folks about what they have caused me to suffer and why. The resources in the Center here are priceless. I can guarantee you that NO ONE in my immediate medical community knows any of this!
Even the docs I contacted when I started this cold turkey journey only wanted to add anti-psychotic drugs to quiet me. I refused. Now, 5 months later, as my mind clears, and my symptoms settle down I can see in hindsight that I didn’t even need the SSRI’s that had been prescribed over 20 years! Or at least, I might have used a once only prescription. However, looking back, for me, only informs. It doesn’t dictate what comes next. I am the one.
YOU are a treasure @Peggy Wallace! You've been through a lot, and I'm so glad you're finding your way out of the madness. 🩷
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
I’m referring to the resources part, mostly about how tapering started and also how it is different for folks who have been on SSRI’s for years. So relevant for my journey!
I second Peggy's compliments. It's really well organized and a great place to "hang out" when I'm feeling restless and alone. The forum has been slow today, methinks.
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry. Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt. Seroquel — 50 — planning taper | trileptal -75 planning taper prasozin 1 mg planning taper
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.