"I'd rather risk going through hell to find myself again than to keep living in a chemically induced state.
That's my "why""
— @Vic247
Well for me it didn’t age well. I would give everything to feel like 4-5 months ago where I was only 0,2mg higher than I’m today. If I’m today a zombie, at the mentioned time I was a super-human.
I could enjoy my time with my wife, enjoying time on being on the phone or gaming, watching a show, drinking coffee, looking for new items on Amazon, watching stuff on YouTube, cooking, eating. Or better. Living was okay. Yes it wasn’t the true self. It was chemically induced. And that was also my motivation to get off the med. And now I can 100% say it wasn’t worth it. Unfortunately no.
I have had severe, unbearable depression and anxiety before going on this med. It gave me a life. As sad as this sounds. I must be fair. I was one of the human being which should think “well that’s my fate. At least I can function and enjoy things. Just as someone with diabetes takes insulin, I need to take my Zoloft” and go on with life, as far as the med works. And who knows? Maybe in 20-30 years gen editing or some extremely new treatments might be a thing and they might cure the brain permanently.
But always always always I learn in hindsight, which is okay. I don’t have a crystal ball.
In a normal world I would go to my psychiatrist. He would tell me that I relapsed and need to go back on therapeutic doses. And maybe I would be completely fine. But with knowing all of the information from tapering communities now (kindling) it’s not that easy anymore. My grandma started and stopped Zoloft from the age of 35 until 75 7-8 times abruptly. All the time she stabilized. Sure she is not “cured” in a sense that she is incredibly happy. But! She lives! She can show emotions. She is caring. She is showing passion. I don’t know.
Mark Horowitz thank you for destroying my lovely marriage and my life again!