Zoloft — current 2.8 mg — 6 years — actively tapering - tapered from 50 mg
Cymbalta — 15mg(12mg) — 17 Jahre — holding -with clinician - 90 mg – 2021: First tapering attempt.
60 mg – 2023: Second tapering attempt.
With a doctor's supervision—but unfortunately, a doctor who doesn't know how to properly taper off an antidepressant.
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
"neuroplasticity" — @marzlove it , almost like breathing it never stops the brain keeps rewiring the only thing I believe in this journey
Medication & Taper History:
Aug 2023 – Dec 2023: Flupentixol (0.5mg) + Melitracen (10mg)
Dec 2023: Cold Turkey (CT) off Flupentixol + Melitracen
Dec 2023 – Apr 2024: Clonazepam (up to 2mg), Amitriptyline (12.5mg) + Chlordiazepoxide (5mg)
Apr 2024 – Jun 2024: Swapped → Trifluoperazine (1mg 1–2x/day; couldn't tolerate 2x/day) + Clonazepam (2mg)
Jun 2024: CT Trifluoperazine → Maintained on Clonazepam only
Jul 2024 – Dec 2024: HOLD on Clonazepam 1.5mg (Maintained ~6 months)
Dec 2024 – Mar 2025: Water Taper (Glass jar / Wooden lid): 1.5mg → 1.24mg
Apr 2025: Took 1 dose PPI + Anticholinergic & CT Coffee (same week) → Triggered severe drug setback ( all hell broke loose ), paradoxical reaction & daily reacting at 1.24mg
Jun 2025: Hospitalized (Severe diarrhea, vomiting, IV fluids) → Forced Rapid Taper: 1.24mg to 0mg in 1 week
Jun 2025: Reinstated Clonazepam at 1.0mg
Jul 2025 – Dec 2025: HOLD at 1.0mg (Took B1 & B12 on/off daily until Dec)
Jan 2026: 0.945mg (Switched from tablet to whole milk liquid taper Glass jar / Metal cap)
Feb: 0.930mg | Mar: 0.875mg | Apr: 0.843mg | May: 0.833mg | Jun: 0.833mg | Jul: 0.831mg | Aug: 0.831mg | Sep: 0.800mg | Oct:
Current Status & Protocol:
Current Medication: Clonazepam (100ml whole milk : 1mg tablet suspension; 20ml removed)
Reductions this month:
Supplements: NONE
Diet: Low-FODMAP diet
"I struggle a lot with the idea that I am just a "mentally ill" person that is delusional. Especially when media, medical professionals, people I know tell me that withdrawal from SSRIs does not exist" — @AniI'm sorry you feel this way Ani. I don't know much about your history, but my opinion is that too often normal human emotions are pathologized, given the name of a "disorder," and then drugged. What you are going through is very real and is often mistaken as "relapse." Do you need some suggestions on how to explain what you're going through with others? I'm not sure if you've seen this yet: https://taper.community/thread/explaining-tapering-withdrawal-to-family-friends-and-coworkers-3cd32752-122d-47df-a5ec-078a2eeb1f97
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Zoloft — 6,52 — 5 years and 9 months — holding | without clinician
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
"but neuroplasticity gives me HOPE." — @marzBelieve me, changing major things at life and beating “mental illness” is tied to so many circumstances but it is absolutely possible. Many people can’t comprehend why they feel even bad and they eat the narrative of “mental illness” and “chemical imbalance”. Thing is even if that’s scam, these people get validated by that. They get medication which they obviously don’t see as something toxic (and for some people these meds really work, and when they feel they don’t need the med anymore, they CT and they are fine. They have an excuse for their weaknesses. They just say “I’m ill”. From the very first day of my severely hard mental breakdown (like real total mental disaster) I never wanted to touch medication without even really knowing that they are toxic. But I was doing so incredibly bad that I needed them. And the second time around when i got put on Zoloft, even though I have my problems with the drug.. it helped me! And now that I’m in withdrawal, I see the times in my mind where I was on bigger doses of this drug. And man I was actually doing pretty solid. Yeah I was an obese. I was prediabetic. I got fatigued pretty quickly. But it was still 500x than the hell I am in now.
Zoloft — 6,52 — 5 years and 9 months — holding | without clinician
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.
Browse our map of deprescribing-informed providers worldwide.