Welcome to TaperCommunity — Coming from SurvivingAntidepressants? Start here:
February 24, 2026··
On February 1st, 2026, SurvivingAntidepressants.org went read-only after 15 years.
If you're landing here from SA — welcome. You're not starting over.
Everything you learned there still applies here.
TaperCommunity was built to continue what SA started, with some upgrades:
1. Taper Tracker — log your dose and mood over time and see them overlaid on the same chart.
2. Depression & Anxiety over time — standardized assessments tracked alongside your dose.
3. Education Portal — 17 modules. Hyperbolic tapering, the wave-and-window pattern,
the reinstatement trap, Ashton for benzos, Maudsley/Horowitz for SSRIs.
4. Provider Directory — 52+ clinicians worldwide who actually pormote deprescribing.
To get started:
-Set up your taper in My Taper → it takes 2 minutes
-Post an introduction below — tell us your drug, how long you've been on it,
and where you are in your journey
This is a peer support community. We don't give medical advice.
We share experience, information, and company for the long road.
Glad you're here.
— TaperCommunity Team
It's great to have a resource like this as the global community of people needing a safe harbour in stormy psychiatric seas is vastly under represented and under served. My effort to locate any help at all in a large well-served city (Toronto) has been frustrating, pointless, and infuriating. I gave up and decided to do this myself, exactly as most of us will have to.
"Dangerously irresponsible" is how I characterized one psychiatrist's response to my enquiries. He is typical. It has never occurred to him that his training is fatally incomplete. He has no concept of de-prescribing. What's that? is his basic response.
Awareness is growing and more health care persons are sympathetic to the plight so many face trying to get these harmful drugs out of their body safely. We are the ones who can make it easier for those following us as we all try to recover from the mess that was caused. I don't blame any one for my reality. I had a part in it, too. I chose to believe them and consented to the drug (there was no 'informed' bit however) then continued to depend on it for 15 years while vaguely wondering whether it was harming me. Then I woke up.
Now it's on me to fix this because they don't know how to anyway, and in many cases wouldn't if they could. It's hard for a professional to abandon the whole identity they formed as an informed prescriber. To suddenly say I was wrong is not easy for most of us, but most of us aren't making decisions and recommendations that can and do harm the very people they profess to help. They're only humans after all, and it's understandable that they are reluctant to question or criticize their beliefs, however misgiven the may be. Of course, some have awoken. The gentleman who started this site is one, so there is hope, but we have a ways to go, too.
With taper.community many people who would otherwise be alone and scared will find a voice and a path to their own authentic selves. That deserves recognition and support from all of us.
Seroquel — 350 mg — 15 years — actively tapering | without clinician
Hi, I am Riana. I am on the 9th day of tapering Mirteron.
I started with a dose of 30mg, then down to 22.5mg-three weeks. Now 15mg for the 9th day.
This is not easy to feel bad.
I just need support to hold on and continue. I will stay on 15mg for another three to 4weeks before another cut 🫤
Ive just started my taper using a compound pharmacy of Duloxotine liquid form, previously on 60mgs then to 30mgs straight away bad call,, Drs advice,, did my own tapering of weighing beads but found it wasnt weighing correctly as ?? maybe too low?,, so decided this method..so now im on 22mgs at 0.44mls fourtnightly, its hard to do the syringe it has to be accurate,, its made me sooo nervous,,, anyone else on this regime,, So many versions of dont do this and do it,, dont know hat to beleive,, its too late now,, im succumbed to this regime,, its very bitter and seems to sit in the back of my throat,, water after and i did know it hits the small intestine,,,God i hope im doing the right thing .. andy suggestions,, and success stories would be great, thanks.
30mg — 2 years plus — researching taper | without clinician
My doctor decided she was going to switch me from Prozac to Duloxetine 90mg because Duloxetine was supposed to be good for low back pain. Four years later I have a lot of pain and dizziness, nausea, blurry vision, low sodium, dry mouth, burning mouth syndrome, Kidney disease, urinary problems, blood pressure fluxuations, heart attack, falls and syncope so many things. 4 years i have been on 90mg and i am thinking if i get off of duloxetine maybe i will get over all these symptines then i am told it will probably take over 2 years or more. Well I am 81 now. I need help finding some pharmacist that compounds and i guess the liquid. I need help know the best thing to take and where to get it. Thanks for any help.
Hi @HannaPot / Riana - I replied to your post in a different forum and now see that your mention of coming from 300mg was, indeed, a typo; phew! I can't imagine how anyone could survive that dose. I can't even imagine how anyone copes with 30 - I couldn't handle 15, and 7.5 did the job I was after anyway (sleep, after months of severe insomnia). But, as I've since learnt, at quite the high price. How you've come down so far is WAY fast, and I'd like to gently encourage you to be prepared to hold where you are until your WD symptoms abate. Mirtazapine is a hard-core drug and notoriously hard to come off, and it gets a LOT harder the further down you go. It would be very in your interest to spend some time looking at the resources so kindly set up by the people who started this site, in particular the Education section in the resources, to learn more about the safest way to come off. All the best, from a fellow Mirt hostage
Mirtazapine — 0.12mg — 3 years, 7 months — active, but temporary hold to stabilise
Thank you so much! I quickly realised this drug is not a toy and my GP helping me did not know as well. But praise the Lord 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I found this app and learned A LOT in this short time. For sure I am taking all of your advise seriously!
I shall hang on to this 15mg for a long time. When I feel really bad, I consider going up a bit. But then I think again just hold on. As you guys say, things will get better in time. I dont really know what to do. Hold on or up on a dose 🤷🏻♀️
My sleep got better its just the least bit of tention, shoots me into shivering or just out of no where blurred vision and feel as if I am in a maise 🤷🏻♀️
Sorry if I typed 300mg I only used 30mg 🙈
30, then 22.5 and now 15mg. Even the 7.5 I came down, I think was too much.
Also my first language is not English, so I'm trying my best in English!
Mirtazapine — 30mg — 12weeks — actively tapering
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.