Hi folks! 👋
I’m new here, and it’s so nice to meet you all (wish it were under different circumstances 😂), but here we are!
I’ve decided to start coming off Lexapro after being on it for about 5 years. I’ve been at 5 mg for the last 3 years, and I’ve reached a point where I’d really like to see what I’m like without it.
I definitely didn’t realize how convoluted the process of coming off could be, and honestly, being in Facebook threads and Reddit groups has made me pretty scared. There are SO many horror stories, and sometimes it feels like that’s all you see. 😭
I’ve been taking liquid Lexapro at 5 mg for about three weeks now, and I’m planning to make my first reduction to 4.5 mg in another week or two. I’m trying to stay positive and remind myself that I’m going to be okay, but I’m definitely nervous.
I’d really love to hear from people who have had smoother, less symptomatic tapers. I know everyone’s experience is different, but I could really use some reassurance that it’s possible to taper slowly and come through this okay. I can handle some dizziness or other temporary symptoms, but I’m especially worried about insomnia. 😩
So if you’ve had a relatively smooth taper, found things that helped you, or just have some words of encouragement, I’d really appreciate hearing from you. ❤️
Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journeys! We’ve got this. 🫶
Hi Kelly, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I tapered my Effexor too fast in the past and paid for it. However, now that I've been tapering much more slowly things are much smoother.
If you're on liquid Lexapro, then you'll be able to adjust your taper very easily and reduce in tiny increments if you need to.
If you find that your symptoms are ramping up, then hold your dose for a couple months or until things settle down a bit.
Yes, you've got this and we'll be here to support every step of the way! 🩷
Wishing you the best....
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.