Hey guys, hope everyone is well!
This post is supposed to hear people’s anecdote and experiences of certain supplements, diet/foods and lifestyle interventions for SSRI tapering and withdrawals. What has helped you with symptoms and what hasn’t?
Obviously this is very individualised. Some people react very bad/poorly to the same thing that someone had a great experience with and wise versa. Maybe we can see some patterns/themes of what tend to have positive outcomes vs not, but like I said, peoples bodies can react very differently to the same things.
This way we can take a informed decision to maybe try some of what people mentioned helped! Another thing is just to see peoples stories and how similar or different we can experience things!
I was on 400mg Serequel Quetiapine for 22 years. This is an antipsychotic not an antidepressant
A low histamine diet has helped me a lot but after a few months I had low energy and needed to include dandelion tea in the diet. But with the low energy I slowly started to drink caffeine again and I'm ok but more feisty
Potentially the low energy could have indicated some recovery??
I decided to try low histamine drink and food because I found out about the quetiapine I take and how it affects histamine receptors in my brain in a big way.
For me I found it a great help, I felt calmer, I didn't have fight or flight feelings, I just flowed through it. 🪷
I still can't eat tomatoes, they make my brain feel grazed. I'm not sure what's in them that causes this
I can't eat babybel they affect my tongue, not sure what's going on there
I could eat these before tapering
Exercise can increase cortisol and give me low mood so just gentle exercise which is frustrating because my body can move so much faster now. The quetiapine was affecting my movement and made me very slow.
This is an ongoing trial and error experiment I'm going through. Just trying one thing at a time and seeing how it affects me physically and mentally
I hope this helps
Seroquel — 400— 22 years —down to 100 in 6 months, 100 is taking a lot of time to get used to so resting on 100 for as long as it takes. holding | without clinician
Another thing I'm experimenting with is essential oils, so basically how scents affect mood, for instance a very well known one is lavender.
But herbal healing has been an interest of mine since childhood
I use bergamot and cedarwood to get me going in the morning. Also tuberose is a good get up and go for me rather than coffee
🪷
Seroquel — 400— 22 years —down to 100 in 6 months, 100 is taking a lot of time to get used to so resting on 100 for as long as it takes. holding | without clinician
I read that I need to drink water to help protect my liver from quetiapine, the liver is affected by this pill
Something I need to do more of 💧
Seroquel — 400— 22 years —down to 100 in 6 months, 100 is taking a lot of time to get used to so resting on 100 for as long as it takes. holding | without clinician
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.