In addition to being medicated for depression for decades, I have also depended on prescriptions for sleep for decades.
Because of the abrupt stop of both of these meds, and suffering all the attendant recovery symptoms, it is insomnia that is hard to address. I’ve long known that sleep is healing for my entire body (including my brain). However, until recently, it never occurred to me that my decades long dependence on meds for sleep was detrimental to natural sleep.(sheesh!). Having been without any sedatives for months now, I’m persisting in practicing good sleep habits. Who knew that it means looking at my entire day and evening!?
Anyway, it seems that I must break lifetime habits and learn new ones. (Again!!). I am working a program that isn’t punitive, and making teeny progress 🥴.
60 mg — 2 yr — holding | without clinician
0 Replies
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.