Hi all im diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine which i have chronically all day everyday. I am now in the process of tapering off 10mg lexapro which did not help me and I was on it for about 3 months. Im going to try 10mg —> 7.5mg —> 5mg —> 2.5mg —> 0mg until i find a psychiatrist i work best with. I plan to hold at each for 2 weeks and maybe longer if needed. Im going to be trying topamax for my VM once im off lexapro completely. Please let me know if anyone else has chronic VM and what helped them medication wise and non medication wise thank you!! I also have other anxiety and OCD type symptoms not related to VM. My biggest one is breathing OCD, somatic OCD, and air hunger. I am seeking advice and people to talk to. Thanks!
Hi Chris,
I had chronic migraines lasting 5 days, switching sides half way.
I got them around twice a month for 15 years.
Funnily enough, since I've tapered 'almost' off mirtazapine, I haven't had a single one and it's been 3 months now. My longest stint ever.
Regarding tapering this would be my advice,
*As you reduce you dose, you need to do smaller reductions,
*Don't reduce to a schedule, but how your body feels after at least 3 weeks.
Almost every post, from every person on this site, is in trouble because they didn't (inc me)
Good luck anyway,
Mirtazapine — 0.2mg — 1 year — actively tapering
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.