Hi, Im Ness, 42, ex paramedic with PTSD. Ive been on Paroxetine and previously a different ssri for about 5 ton6 years. Im on Agomelatine, for 4 years.
I found this forum while researching tapering off the SSRI.
I have been really well for about a year now, after a LOT of work.
Im in really good physical health and I feel its time to try and get off the Paxil.
I normally get dizzy and brain zaps after about 12 hrs of not taking it.
I have spoken to a naturaopath and laid some nutritional ground work before starting the taper:
- NAC,
- Mg,
- Omega 3s,
- probiotics
- iron supplement
- daily creatine
- cocconut water and salt water for electrolytes.
- Stopped drinking any alcohol.
Ive been on 3/4 dose (15mg) for a week and I feel nothing out of the ordinary.
Im so tempted to cut it again, but I've read that I should stick to at least 4 weeks even with no symptoms.
Anyway, thats my story, im keen to hear what others have done to try and make their journey a little easier.