TaperCommunity exists because SurvivingAntidepressants.org (the community that helped thousands of people through psychiatric medication withdrawal) went read-only in early 2026. We built this so that knowledge, peer connection, and support would continue.
We are not a clinic. We are people who understand what psychiatric medication withdrawal actually looks like; because we've lived it, researched it, or spent years supporting others through it.
Based Psychiatrist
Clinician
TaperCommunity is part of a broader effort to build infrastructure for the deprescribing movement. Connecting patients with clinicians who take withdrawal seriously and giving people tools to taper safely. I built this platform because the resources that existed were fragile and the need was real. I am a clinician. I'm someone who saw a gap and decided to fill it properly.
Catina
Community Lead
I have been a part of the withdrawal community since 2021. I served as a peer Mentor at Surviving Antidepressants where I gave emotional support and guidance to fellow members. I am currently tapering Venlafaxine, a drug that has caused me great harm. I have a passion for helping others during their tapering and withdrawal journey. I'm honored to be a part of Taper Community, and I'm excited to see the impact it's going to have in the field of safe deprescribing.
Domagoj
Community Support
I was prescribed diazepam for a back injury — short term, no real conversation about dependence. When I stopped, months of withdrawal followed before I understood what had actually happened. Around the same time I discovered my grandmother had been on benzodiazepines for years, prescribed the same way. That's when I decided to start helping others navigate what the prescribing conversation missed.
Steve
Community Support
I've been on multiple psychiatric medications and I've lived through the side effects and withdrawal that come with most of them firsthand. That experience is what drives my passion for this work. I'm currently tapering venlafaxine myself, so I know exactly what it feels like to be in the thick of it. I'm interested in modern approaches to deprescribing like metabolic interventions.
Thank you for starting this website, I was heartbroken to see Surviving Antidepressants shut down and made read only recently, it helped so many people over the years, I really hope many can find their way here in future
Pristiq — 30mg — 17 Years — holding | Seroquel — 400mg — 17 Years — holding | Valium — 2mg once or twice a week — 10 years — supporting others | other — Modafinil 200mg — 3 Months — supporting others | with clinician
"You are an amazing team! Glad I am here."
— @Yuliawithhope
Thank you! We're glad to have you. 🩷
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
"Thank you for starting this website, I was heartbroken to see Surviving Antidepressants shut down and made read only recently, it helped so many people over the years, I really hope many can find their way here in future"
— @Roy E
Everyone at SA was heartbroken that it couldn't continue. I'm grateful for this community too!
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg Trazodone - 50 mg Levothyroxine - 25 mcg “Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.” Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.
Happy to have you @Gigi.0809 you will be a phenomenal addition to the community. Makes me feel so great to see others collaborating and supporting eachother
I want to thank you all. Being scared and tapering, you guys give a safe place to land with so much guidance and wisdom. May each of you be blessed. ♥️
Appreciate you all. Let me know how I can help. I love the organization of this site.
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry. Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt. Seroquel — 50 — planning taper | trileptal -75 planning taper prasozin 1 mg planning taper