"I have been on lexapro since June 2025. U struggle really bad with severe health anxiety. For a few years I thought I was healed, then someone very closed to me died suddenly with no preexisting symptoms. So, that caused an uproar in symptoms!! The worst I have ever experience..."
— @Vinnie
I’m sorry about your experience. About your anxiety and other symptoms. I am not a medical professional, but I am also on my tapering journey. I’m a little lower than you right now- At 4.05 currently. Started tapering from 5mg that I took for a year. I started taking it in February of 2025, so we have a similar journey.
I just have a few suggestions that have worked for me. I personally like to go on walks twice a day- once at lunch while on my break, and then right after work- while it’s still sunny. I try to walk 20-30 minutes at a time. Sometimes I will go walking for an hour. Walking really helps lower stress and anxiety, and getting regular vitamin D from the sun really helps lift depression.
Lifting weights at the gym helps too- my counselor told me that exercise was 2x as effective as drugs for helping anxiety.
I also started eating pumpkin seeds - you can get them shelled. They pack 40% of your daily magnesium which really helps with lowering stress and any neurological problems. I’ve noticed I don’t clench my jaw as much. It has a lot of other minerals like iron, manganese, potassium, and others.