Hi, I'm IzzysMom. Some life stressors led me to starting clonazepam in late 2022. I have now realized the danger of relying on this medication and have always thought I "had it under control." I think my anxiety symptoms have eased and intensified by my own tapering attempts. I have a very sympathetic provider (not the person that first prescribed) that has always cautioned me on my usage, and I have finally had the talk with her that I feel I am dependent and want to eventually taper. She has limited experience (and said that the Ashton Method was really difficult for her and another patient), so she is recommending a 10% reduction monthly. I am currently taking .25 mg 2x/day and will hold here for a while before starting the taper. Currently trying to source a compounding pharmacy and hoping for the best. I know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Just looking for a place to talk to others and hear some success stories. Thanks!
Lexapro — 20mg — 10+ years — holding | Klonopin — .5mg — 4 years — planning taper
Welcome. There's lots of good info in the threads on the Tapering forum and educational stuff in the resources section, too. It can be worth reading up on the Surviving Antidepressants site (no longer active, but still readable). It's not always easy to find the info you need, but there is a lot of it embedded here. Your docs recommendation is a generally sound one, but everyone's different (some have to go even lower/slower), and there's plenty more to learn in terms of detail, so dig in. So marathon - so not sprint!
Mirtazapine — 0.12mg — 3 years, 7 months
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.