I started sertraline in early March 2026, and after 5 months I’m starting to plan a taper
I’m currently tapering Propranolol, from 60mg, currently at 20mg
My doctor said I could just quit sertraline cold turkey as it’s such a ‘low dose’ and the residual side effects I was experiencing had three options: put up with it, change medication, or up the dose. I didn’t like any of those so I’ve decided I’m tapering off all of it.
Here for people’s first hand experiences and tips.
Welcome, HarveyClan2! Glad you're here. It's smart to question the cold turkey advice, many folks find a slow approach much gentler on the nervous system. You can find a taper calculator insthe side bar under taper planner. Slow and steady wins the race :)
Creator of Taper Community, here to help you.
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.