I am do this to find help for my sister. She is on 13 medications. When she messes up she get suicidal thoughts. She checked into an ER tonight. I just cannot believe that 13 medications are good for her. I am looking for a solution that could involve detoxing from all of these medications, perhaps involve a 72 hour fast, and reset her body. She will need assistance to make this happen safely. Where do we start?
Welcome. That sounds so tough on both of you. There's lots of good info in the threads on the Tapering forum and educational stuff in the resources section, too. It can be worth reading up on the Surviving Antidepressants site (no longer active, but still readable). It's not always easy to find the info you need, but there is a lot of it embedded here. It's great she has your support, but please understand that coming off these drugs safely can take a long time - and for people on multiple meds, the strong recommendation is to taper one at a time at a very slow rate that the nervous system can cope with. There's no way to reset the body in a 72hr period, and fasting in her condition would likely be a very bad move. Hang around and explore and learn. I'm sorry she's going through this: it's unthinkable that medical professionals approved this many medications for her.
Mirtazapine — 0.12mg — 3 years, 7 months
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.