I started on paroxetine when I was around 24 or 25 years old in the early 90s, and tried to stop once or twice over the past few decades including last December but went back on because it was too intense. So, I'm in the middle of a new attempt that is now several months in. And although its intense, I am more motivated to meet the challenge because I feel like I might be able to give that 24 year old self a fairer shake and perhaps mature to some place I probably needed to get to back then, but forestalled. So I'm getting through the physical withdrawal well enough, but I feel pretty frightened much of the time, and have insomnia and difficulty concentrating. I'm walking a lot, and biking, and trying to stay open to what's unfolding day to day. I want to make it to March or April, and assess how its going. I found this community via something the algorithm generated after a google search on cessation and short term memory impact, and I resonated with the clarity of the thread here on that subject.
Hi Erik: god for you recognizing that things may be different than they were when you were younger. Also, it sounds like you are trying to soothe your nervous system. I’m doing the same thing. It’s so true that this is not a linear journey. I struggle with that after a good day is followed by a big so good one. Hang in there. Come back.
60 mg — 2 yr — holding | without clinician
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.