I’m trying to taper from gabapentin which I have been taking daily for three years for treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. My original dose was 2400 mg per day which I was able to reduce to 1800 mg per day. I stayed at that dose for one year. This past May I started a taper to 1500 mg and it was pretty rough but I got through it and I’m now holding at that dose. I’d like to continue the taper but I am looking for community support to do so. I’d like to hear the experience of others as well as sharing my own. I’m hoping to meet some taper buddies because I find the experience to be quite lonely.
you are in the right place Debbie! I tapered off Gabapentin several years ago and I know it can be done! Please stick around, read the section in "resources" about gabapentin. I know others will so on pop in to help you find your way. We are all suffering in various ways, but I have found tremendous support here.
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry. Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt. Seroquel — 50 — planning taper | trileptal -75 planning taper prasozin 1 mg planning taper started my psych med saga in 2001 and wish I never had. I had some difficulties with sleep and anxiety, but NOTHING like what was in store for me after trying every med out there. My last treatment center promised to "get me totally off" in 2022 but it was a lie. They just switched drugs and added more and more in a desperate attempt to help me "stabilize," so they could call me a "success story" once insurance stopped paying. I agree with those who state that this industry needs to change. AND I'm working on not being resentful about my suffering because it doesn't help anyone.