"it seems like overkill to taper for 1.5 years for only being on 5mg for 5 weeks"
โ @B81
Hi @B81, welcome! I will quote the words of Dr. Mark Horowitz, who co-authored The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines: "Go as fast as you can, but as slow as you need to."
Our member @Stuart had to taper his drug for longer than he was on it. It all depends on how your particular nervous system can handle any reductions.
Your body will let you know if a reduction is too much. The greatest changes in serotonin receptors happen at these very low doses, so that's why it can be more difficult.
I hope this helps!
Catina ๐
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
โYour brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.โ
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.