I am a 78 year old female. Had shingles about 5 years ago that continued as postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) and also had trigeminal neuralgia. Was on gabapentin 400mg but I am now on 200 mg once a day. Doing fine but hope to taper off in the future.
I was also on amitriptyline 20 mg for about 4 years for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Gastroenterologist diagnosed me with visceral hypersensitivity. Was taking 20 mg and went down to 10mg 5 months ago and have now tapered off to 0 medication going on my 2nd week. I hope going off will work for me and that diarrhea can be controlled without amitriptyline. The first week off is going fine…
Amitriptyline — 10 mg — 4 years — completed taper | Gabapentin — 200 mg — 5 years — holding
0 Replies
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.