Yes, same here, @renee j .
My doctor suggested tapering by skipping days. Turns out thatโs like playing ping-pong with your nervous system, which will eventually snap and throw the racket, the ball, and the damn ping-pong table right back in your face!
So I asked him if I was the only one who reacted this poorly. And basically that's what he thinks, and I'm glad if he is right. But he is a GP, he probably just has a few cases, and who knows how many of them think it's a relapse and just stay on the stuff for life.
But even if we were just a small percentage, why aren't doctors more curious about what we tell them? My doctor really seemed unfazed. Like I was just the 25th snotty nose of the day in front of him. All the stories I could tell him ๐ But oh well... I at least tried to tell him that if he prescribes this stuff, he should know that this can happen and warn his other patients. But I have slim hope it registered.
All these questions aside, I'm just grateful we at least have some manuals and peer support now.
My next reduction will be a 4.4% cut on Friday.
However bumpy it gets, I take solace in the fact that we might just be a few, but that's enough to not feel so lonely anymore.