"Could you please tell me which benzodiazepine you were prescribed, how long you took it, and how long your taper lasted?"
— @guava378
I was on Lorazepam (Ativan). I was on it for many years (not sure of the exact number). I was on a low dose (0.5 mg), which I took once or twice a day. I tapered it over the course of a few months. That was back before I knew anything about proper tapering and withdrawal. Fortunately, I didn't have any severe withdrawal symptoms at all. It actually went very smoothly. I was very fortunate though because I know benzo withdrawal can be extremely difficult for many people.
Looking back, I'm very angry that a drug like this was prescribed to me for so many years.
Venlafaxine (tapering) - Current dose 17.92 mg
Trazodone - 50 mg
Levothyroxine - 25 mcg
“Your brain and body know how to heal. Trust the process and keep going.”
Please Note: I am not a healthcare professional. Any advice given is based on personal experience and that of others in the lay withdrawal community.