I dropped from 45mg to 40mg Prozac a week ago. Usually it takes a couple of weeks until withdrawal symptoms start but I’ve really been hit today! After feeling pretty good for a couple of weeks- I held 45mg for 6 weeks, I forgot just how bad it gets. I’m reminding myself to ride the wave, that it won’t be like this forever…. IM trying desperately to hold on to hope.
Wolf 10mg to 5mg is probably too big a drop. The smaller the dose you’re taking the smaller the drop needs to be to avoid big withdrawal symptoms. Hyperbolic tapering suggests 5% of the dose you’re currently taking is the safest way.
I’ve was on 60mg for 16 years but antidepressants for 30.
I found a tapering specialist on this app and she’s helped me work out the safest way after a horrendous start to tapering.
Prozac — 45mg — 18 years — actively tapering
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.