3rd Paxil Update - Feeling Fair
Feeling fair. Upon awakening, I'm feeling dizziness, anxiety, muscle aches, emotional blunting, and tinnitus. It's so hard to know whether the physical symptoms (and my corresponding disability for the day) drive the anxiety. I suspect they do, at least to a degree.
I want to write about a very specific symptom that drives me the craziest. It's a form of brain fog, but it goes beyond it. It's a inability to conceptualize. It's hard to finish a project because I can't imagine the steps involved. It's hard to plan my day because I don't have the mental power to think it through logically.
My spiritual community would tell me this is a good thing; forces me to live in the present. So, I will endeavor to "enjoy" that increased ability. But I find it notable that my feeling of well-being is closely tied to a sense of control over my activities and my future. Again, spiritually, I'm called to release control, because any real control is an illusion.
However, one needs a sense of agency, contribution, and order. I fear these drugs take that from us, which gets me back to being grateful for this forum.
Would love to hear if anyone can relate!
anne noni moss’s taper progress
atypical in presentation of side effects, super sensitive to small doses and general delayed responder. never took a psych med that didn't' make me sick immediately with infections and restless legs. have never been able to tolerate being on them, but have never had support to get off so I've been bouncing back and forth. i don't like capital letters. sorry.
Paxil — 1 mg — 2 yrs — holding until Oct. 7 doc appt.
Seroquel — 50 — planning taper |
trileptal -75 planning taper
prasozin 1 mg planning taper