Background:
I was on 25 mg sertraline from 2008-2018 having been prescribed it due to post partum depression. I started feeling unwell and began to have terrible brain zaps 10 minutes after taking my 25 mg dose. My doctor told me to stop cold turkey and it was literally hell. My life has never been the same since. They tried me on 30 mg of Cymbalta the following year but I felt worse. i ended up taking Prozac to taper off the Cymbalta which was relatively successful. I did about a year taper to get off 20 mg of Prozac and got as far as 3 mg but the shaking and dizziness and anxiety, etc was too horrible to continue so i ended up back on 10 mg for a while and was stable. I went back up to 15 about a year ago and then back to 20 mg 6 months ago. iI wish i hadnt becasue it didnt help any...I was hoping it would help with the nerve pain and burning and dizziness, etc. My goal is to go back down to 15 and hold for a bit and then lower to 10 mg. I dont even have hope that I will ever get off of it completely. I know i wasn't any worse off at 10 than at 20 mg so i would rather have less in my system.
Currently:
I have been taking 17.5 mg of Prozac for 4 weeks (down from 20 mg).
1st Question:
Should i continue on 17.5 mg for another 2 weeks or lower to 15 or 16 mg next for another 4 to 6 weeks?
i have had luck in the past with this speed. it just got much harder and slower below 10 mg.
2nd Question:
has anyone just not ever recovered from a cold turkey drop of SSRI?
i have had multiple neurological symptoms for 8 years now with very little relief. Many doctors/specialists just cant figure it out or give me relief. i react to most medications so only take Tylenol occasionally for the constant pain.
Thanks for taking the time to read. And for sharing your stories and advice. Hang in there.
0 Replies
Join the conversation
Sign in to share your experience and connect with others.