16th Abilify Update - Feeling Okay - 7.5mg -> 5mg
Today I made another dose reduction from 7.5 mg to 5 mg (33% reduction) which I did due to EPS stiffness causing weakness. Since receptor occupancy barely changes at high doses, I took this step, looking back at a previous reduction that went okay. I still have dizziness, but I also experienced some dizziness during my stable 10 mg dose, so I do not think its cause is related to withdrawal.
One thing I noticed that is worth sharing is that while making my aripiprazole suspension, I over-rotated the crusher and it was not in an upright position; instead, I was also rotating while it was sideways. Maybe that is how the fine powder came outward, which was a mistake on my part that may have resulted in an uneven dose.
Anyway, I made a water suspension of aripiprazole in 200 ml (stir vigorously before drawing out the dose). I then removed 100 ml using a syringe to store it for tomorrow and drank the remaining 100 ml for my current dose. Also, since I am a suspected poor metabolizer, aripiprazole will be reduced to 5 mg very slowly over many weeks, as poor metabolizers clear the drug from the body much more slowly.
I will hold this dose for atleast 5-6 weeks.
guava378’s taper progress
- Aripiprazole / Abilify:
17-May-2026 (15mg -> 10mg)
11-July-2026 (10mg-> 7.5mg
17-Aug-2026 (7.5mg -> 5mg)
28-Sep-2026 (5mg -> 3.6mg)
10 months - actively tapering
- Procyclidine 5mg - 10 months - actively tapering
- Propranolol - 20mg - 13 months - holding
- Xanax - 0.25mg - 8 months - holding