13th Abilify Update - 30 days post-reduction (10 mg to 7.5 mg)
I’m sharing day 30th update following my abilify (aripiprazole) dose reduction from 10 mg to 7.5 mg. I suspect I may be a poor/slow metabolizer, which might be impacting how long these symptoms are lasting.
Here is what I’ve been experiencing over the past month:
Stiffness & EPS: I am still dealing with extrapyramidal stiffness, which is currently causing progressive weakness.
Dizziness Timeline: Around week 2, I noticed a very mild dizziness while walking for a few days. It became more noticeable for a single day, went back to being very mild, and then disappeared. However, it came back a few days later, and at this point, I feel it might not be directly related to withdrawal.
Restlessness & Increased Appetite: I’ve noticed an uptick in appetite and restlessness during this reduction. (Note: I also take xanax 0.25 mg, so it’s possible the restlessness is connected to that.)
Sudden "Drop" Sensations: I occasionally get a sudden, microsecond shock or sensation as if I am about to drop or collapse, but this is not related to withdrawal. I believe it's due to another issue. A few days ago my right ear was blocked, so I’ll track it for a week, get it checked by a doctor if it doesn't resolve, and post an update here.
Overall: It was an OK dose reduction overall. Although the dizziness is leaving me feeling a bit confused, I plan to proceed with the next reduction in a week or two after getting a CBC check, as I suspect aripiprazole might be lowering my neutrophil levels.
guava378’s taper progress
- Aripiprazole / Abilify:
17-May-2026 (15mg -> 10mg)
11-July-2026 (10mg-> 7.5mg
17-Aug-2026 (7.5mg -> 5mg)
28-Sep-2026 (5mg -> 3.6mg)
10 months - actively tapering
- Procyclidine 5mg - 10 months - actively tapering
- Propranolol - 20mg - 13 months - holding
- Xanax - 0.25mg - 8 months - holding